Fisheries Technical Notice
Negotiations are ongoing to seek a positive deal following the UK’s exit from the EU however; significant work is being undertaken to ensure that the UK will be prepared from day 1 in all scenarios, including a ‘no deal’ outcome in March 2019.
As part of this preparation a series of technical notices have been released providing the information necessary to allow businesses and citizens to make informed plans in the event of a ‘no deal’ scenario.
Included is a guidance document that sets out how the commercial fishing industry would be affected with regards to the following;
• Access to waters.
• Access to ports.
• UK-registered vessels landing into EU and third country ports.
• EU and third country vessels landing into UK ports.
• Regional fisheries management organisations (RFMOs)
• European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF)
• Labelling and marketing of fishery and aquaculture products
• Import and export of fishery products
To read the technical notice in full please follow the link provided below.