Volunteers are an important and valued part of Eastern IFCA and we aim to make the volunteering experience both enjoyable and feeling a full part of our team.
We have outlined what you can expect from us, and what we hope from our volunteers:
- to introduce you to how the organisation works and your role in it and to provide any training you need
- to provide regular meetings with a main point of contact so that you can tell us if you are happy with how your tasks are organised and get feedback from us.
- to respect your skills, dignity and individual wishes and to do our best to meet them.
- to reimburse your out of pocket expenses upon production of appropriate receipts / proof of expenditure
- to consult with you and keep you informed of possible changes
- to provide adequate insurance cover for you whilst carrying out your volunteering role which have been approved and authorised by us
- to provide a safe workplace
- to apply our equal opportunities policy
- to apply our complaints procedure if there is any problem
- to work reliably to the best of your ability, and to give as much warning as possible whenever you cannot work when expected
- to follow the Authority’s rules and procedures, including health and safety, equal opportunities and confidentiality.