MCA consultation on a revised code of practice for the safety of fishing vessels of less than 15m length overall
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency has opened a consultation on a revised code of practice for the safety of fishing vessels of less than 15m length overall. This new code of practice for small fishing vessels is proposing new requirements for new and existing vessels.
The new code proposed new requirements relating to:
- Construction, watertight and weather-tight integrity for all vessels
- Stability for new and existing vessels of all sizes
- Machinery for all vessels
- Electrical installations for all vessels
- Crew protection
- Man overboard recovery
- In and out of water inspections
Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/consultation-on-a-revised-code-of-practice-for-the-safety-of-fishing-vessels-of-less-than-15m-length-overall for more details on the consultation.